Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Family Gathering

Finally the kids have jumped in the frame together for a group portrait. I had a 50 x 70cm frame, hanging on the wall of my new flat, waiting for me to put something in it! So with the help of Photoshop and a visit down to the Printspace in Shoreditch, these young fellows and fair ladies collectively came to life on some Canson Aquarelle paper. The superb printing quality not represented well by the photograph below, but it's that good that I almost prefer it to the originals! 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. What an amazing result from a months' devotional vintage character gathering. I had imagined you'd put them together in their own little frames each. In this presentation it's like they're gathering in a town square - I'd love to see the work in its real size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashen! I'm putting them together into a pocket-sized book at the moment, so each of them will have a page to themselves. It'll all be hand-lettered, so it'll probably take me a few weeks to get it all together. The kids are actually all a little smaller on the poster than I orignally drew them, but always better to draw fractionally bigger for reproduction purposes. Id love to show you them all in real size xxx

    ReplyDelete