Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back to the beginning

Now that my animation is at the finishing stages I thought it would be time to reflect on some of the beginning stages to see how the idea has grown.

Before I embarked on this project I set some personal goals for myself. These were:

1. Create a relevant, timely and engaging story.
2. Practice highly skilled animation techniques.
3. Experiment with interesting camera angles and transitions.
4. Utilise different textures and mediums to create something original and unique looking.

Looking back on these personal objectives, I feel like I've made good progress in all of these goals. Should time have permitted, I would have loved to have taken these objectives even further. But, given the time constraints I'm really happy with what I have achieved.

Below are some of my initial character development sketches, as well as a drawing I did of the painting, which involved not looking at the page but keeping my eyes only on the painting. It was a method of exploring the painting I learnt during one of our workshops at The National Gallery. I found that doing this helped me understand many of the fundamental aspects of this painting.






No comments:

Post a Comment